Introducing you to Tanzania by Dismas (Mufasa) Alex.
Mufasa is a dear friend to me who I only recently met on my amazing and epic journey, Climbing Mt Kilimanjaro. As head guide, mufasa is responsible for all arrangements with staff and for the primary care of all 9 international participants on the trip. He commands his crew and orchestrates his tribe incredibly for a seamless and highly enjoyable tour.
I cannot wait to go back to Tanzania (planning 2 years time) to see more of the wonderful country and with my best guide and dear “Rafiki” (friend) by my side.
Read more about wonderful Tanzania from Mufasa and see his contact details below for those who are going!
1. Name: Dismas Alex (MUFASA)
2. Occupation: Tourism
3. Country of Residence: Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
4. Country of Origin: Tanzania
5. email/contact/ website ( If happy to be published on a website):
P.O.BOX 7711, MOSHI
Cell: +255 768 848 323; + 255 658 848 323
6. Why do you love Travel? I feel happy to participate and deliver my community with responsible travel caring about nature flora and fauna living free in wilderness.
7. Favourite place in your home country and why?
Kilimanjaro (the roof of Africa), been there more than 150 times. I feel freedom of mind on the highest peak of Africa, as on the foothills where I grew up in Marangu volcanic fertile land, God given us. I’m so proud of it.
8. Best place for tourists to visit in your country?
Places in combination eco-tourism Kilimanjaro, Ngorongoro & Serengeti.
9. What other country would you live in if you had to leave your country?
I love my country Tanzania; more important, it’s a peaceful country; If it happens I’d like to live in any country similar as my home country.
10. Best travelling experience anecdote in your own country?
That is during my childhood, when I first climbed Kilimanjaro 14 years ago; with no proper gearsuntil 4,600 meters, and that I was happy getting closer to those big blocks of permanent glaciers I use to see from the bottom, and also landscape when on Ngorongoro crater rim and Serengeti endless plain with vast wild beast migration.
11. Favourite activity when around your city?
Chatting and exchanging tourism ideas with friends and colleagues
12. Do you feel you know your country well, or is more exploring of your homeland needed?
I know most of my country places of interest physically in spite of the fact that more exploring needed (eco-tourism) to the new places for Tourists to visit as Tanzania is big and believed to have plenty of virgin interesting places to visit.
13. Any warnings for travellers visiting in your country?
Others are normal like any other country, to bring/have copy of their yellow fever certificate.
14. Must see movie featuring your country and Why?
Novels and movies featuring Tanzania, so they can have an idea what kind of a country they are going to visit
15. The best book to read before visiting your country?
The Snows of Kilimanjaro by Ernst Hemingway.
16. The must eat dish or delicacy of your country?
Ugali (stiff porridge- corn flour) Banana stew, banana beer,
17. The top three sayings to make travellers stay in your country easier? E.g. How much? Too expensive or Hello.
“Karibu” – Welcome
“Hakuna matata” – No worries, no problems
“pole pole” – slowly slowly
“Poa kichizi kama ndizi” Crazy cool like a banana.
18. Best time of year to visit?
All year around, except the raining season March & April for hikers
19. The 4 words that best describe your country:
Tanzania the land of “Kilimanjaro”, “Serengeti”, “Ngorongoro” & “Zanzibar”
Mountain Guides & safari Outfitters
Post Office Home Address:-
7711 Moshi Taifa rd.
East Africa Tanzania
Phone +255 768 848 323
Climbing/Safaris & Beaches