Only 8 hours left of 2009 and it’s time to reflect on the year that was. I thought 2009 would be a big one for me, but I don’t think I realised how life changing some of the events would be. When you face the year ahead you make goals, plans and set targets for yourself, having direction is a great thing. Often though, it’s the unexpected and the changes, the things we never could have foreseen that really make us.
I’m not making any really big new years resolutions. I made a list of plans and things I would ‘like to’ achieve as I feel this is a much more flexible and approachable way to look at our future. The list of resolutions can often be reflected upon at the end of the year as a list of failed attempts. We shouldn’t feel discouraged and let down if we don’t get to do everything that we set out to do. So I’m saying for 2010, give it all you got, have a blast and make mistakes, it’s the best way to learn. Most of all, enjoy! Nothing is a waste of time as long as we learn from it and at differently in the future.
These are of few of my highlights from 2009:
- Ringing in the New Year in London and spending New Year’s Day in Mexico
- Spending 4.5 months in Monterrey, Mexico on Student exchange
- Losing my Grandmother and having a tattoo done as a memorial to her
- Doing an 18 day road trip from the Cancun – Oaxaca, Mexico with 3 Aussies and a Belgian
- Visiting the incredible Mexico City, not once, not twice but 3 times!
- Facing a pending Pandemic (aka swine flu) and fleeing Mexico for the United states In April 2009
- Attending the Indy 500 qualifying weekend with my Cousin Bill and big brother James, May 2009
- Sitting on a crocodile and riding an airboat in the Everglades, Miami, USA with my new German friends
- Visiting all 4 Disneyworld parks in Orlando as well as the 2 Universal Studios parks over a period of 2 days.
- Attending the FAPAA 36th Consecutive Council meeting in Bangkok, Thailand, for my work in Freight Forwarding.
- Competing in the Easter Uni Games, Australian University Sports Competition in Soccer for UTS, and getting the Wooden spoon. Bathurst, NSW, Australia
- Attending the UTS Ski Trip in Thredbo, Australia
- Competing in the Australian University Snow Sports Competition at Thredbo Australia.
- Breaking my back at the Australian Snow Sports Competition. Successfully fracturing 2 vertebrae, spending 1 week in hospital and 9.5 weeks in a back brace
- Starting my blog – http://lovellyinc.wordpress.com
- Attending my friend Khushboo’s wedding in Delhi, India
- Riding an elephant in Chitwan National Park, Nepal
- Visiting the charity www.roomtoread.com based in Kathmandu, Nepal
- Seeing the Taj Mahal for the Second time in my life. Agra, India
- Achieving my 5 yr dream of taking a vacation to the beaches of Goa, India
- Returning to my beloved Mumbai and learning about the great history of India
- Making it home in time for Christmas in Australia with family and friends
What a great year! 2009 has taught me a lot. I just can’t wait to see what 2010 holds.
HAVE A FANTASTIC NEW YEAR EVERYONE!